Hye guys. Today I want to share a recipe on how to make delicious chicken rendang.Rendang is a very famous malaysian dish which is rich in taste.I bet u that you will want it again after trying this.
1 kg chicken ~ cleaned and cut into medium sized pieces
1/2 tbp turmeric powder
(B) To blend together
6 tbsp dried chilli paste
5 cloves garlic
1 large onion
1 inch ginger
10 bird’s eye chillies
5 stalks lemongrass
2 candlenuts (buah keras)
1/2 inch fresh turmeric
2 inches galangal
sufficient water to form a paste
200ml coconut milk
2 pcs tamarind pulps
2 stalk lemongrass ~ slightly bruised
5 pcs kaffir lime leaves or 2 pcs turmeric leaves ~ thinly sliced
2 tbsp kerisik (toasted and pounded coconut)
salt to taste
- First of all, marinade chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend ingredients (B) until smooth.
- Heat oil in wok and fry the chicken pieces until 3/4 cooked. Set aside.
- Use same oil to saute the blended ingredients together with the bruised lemongrass.
- Stir the gravy and cook covered for 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burnt bottom.
- Once you see the oil separates from the gravy, add coconut milk, tamarind pulps and salt.
- Stir and allow to boil a few times. Add fried chicken pieces and kaffir lime leaves.
- Mix well and cover the lid for another 10 minutes. Stir.
- Add toasted coconut, mix evenly. Check for salt. Dish out.
THAT’S IT FOR TODAY,SEE YOU NEXT TIME….BYE….