Kids are soul of their parents but sometime they use to irritate or being naughty with their parents.Sometimes they also refuse to do what we are saying.They will be choosy too.Now it is time for parents to mingle up with their kids and go into their world and teach them. One of the lesson that must be taught is being independent.Today I am going to share basic steps to brought up your kid independent by involving themselves i cooking. I am going to share how to do simple cheesy scrambled egg that kids can do by themselves.
- 4 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- grated cheddar
- 4 slices bread
- non stick pan
- wooden spoon
- Use a fork to whisk the eggs . Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a small nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat. Pour in the eggs. Use a wooden spoon to stir occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until almost set. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese.
- Serve it with toast bread.
Let your kids do it by themselves.But make sure that they are in ur supervision. Do teach them.It is okay to do mistake. Let them learn from their mistake.
Rasam (ரசம்) is basically traditional indian herb soup. Ii is really good for cold.
Easy Rasam recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Tamarind – Small gooseberry size
Tomato – 1
#Rasam powder – 1 & 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – As needed
Coriander leaves, chopped – 1 tblsp
Curry leaves – 5
Ghee/ Oil – 1 tblsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Red chilli – 2
Jeera – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
1.Soak tamarind in hot water for 30 mins and extract its juice and keep aside. Make the total water 3 cups. Chop tomatoes roughly. Heat kadai and cook tomatoes in few drops of oil with a pich of salt until soft. Add the tamarind extract, turmeric, torn curry leaves and half the coriander leaves.
2.Bring to boil and add the rasam powder, salt and sugar.(refer note-1 for a tip) Mix well and just bring to boil.Switch off the flame and transfer to the serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves.Close immediately (otherwise the aroma will escape ;)).
3.Temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ table in order and add it to the rasam.
- You can two crushed garlic with skin before switching off the flame. This does a magic and gives a great flavour. Do not add more than two but.
- Rasam need not boil for long time as it will not be tasty. Just bring to boil, makes it frothy.
- You can reduce water and add cooked toor dal water or 2-3 tblsp of toor dal. That too gives rasam a different flavour.
- Sugar in rasam enhances flavour and gives a clear rasam.
##For those who want to try this recipe if you don’t have rasam powder DON’T WORRY ,there;s simple steps to do it
Rasam powder recipe
Coriander seeds – 3/4 cup
Red chilli (long variety) – 20
Toor dal – 1/4 cup
Channa dal – 1/4 cup
Black pepper – 3 tblsp
Cummin seeds – 3 tblsp
Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Dry roast red chilli,hing (if solid. Refer notes), channa dal and toor dal first until dals are golden in colour. Roast in medium flame with constant frying. Transfer to a plate for cooling and then roast coriander seeds and pepper until fragrant.
- Once the coriander seeds is roasted well, it lends a great flavour. Now add jeera lastly. Fry until it starts popping. Cool everything completely.
- Powder it to a fine powder in a mixer and store in an airtight container.
- Can be stored for a month if handled properly in an airtight container.
- If you want you can add turmeric in this powder.
SEE YOU THEN BYE=)
My pt3 (pentaksiran tingkatan tiga) results which is similar to form 3 assessment just came out last month (19th december 2016). I feel butterflies in my stomach. But, I did not show it.My parents motivated me by saying “no matter what you get,amma(mum) and appa(dad) knew that you did your best”.Then we went to the school.The principle looked content and she said that our batch did one of the unforgettable achievement.The most awaiting moment arrived.The principle was calling the students who scored perfect score. (10 A’S) Suddenly,I heard calling my name.I went to stage to get my result.I was really happy to make my parents proud. It was a touching moment for me.So today I am going to share some useful tips to succeed in exams.
- First of all,concentrate when your teacher is teaching. Do respect your teacher.
- Do a lot of exercises.
- Make reading novels,story books as habit.
- Blogging is a interactive way for you to improve your language skill
- Create a daily schedule of tasks you want to accomplish during exam preparation.The main thing is you must follow the time table.
- When you study, do it in a focused and proper way, avoid any kinds of distractions and use the time you have to the maximum.
- use mind maps and colorful pens when you are doing notes. This can really attract you to read and you will not get bored easily.
- Don’t try to memorize, understand it. Memorising is just like transfering a message without reading it seriously.So will not be able to understand it and nowadays the questions are based on HOTS.(high order thinking skills)
- Be brave to ask question.Do ask questions oftenly,so you can understand it very well.
- lastly, believe 100% in yourself that you can do it.
In mu next post I am going to share about….
- Visual Learners
- Auditory Learners
- Emotional Learners.
- Kinesthetic Learners
Till then bye!!!(don’t forget to comment)
Hye guys!How are you guys? Today I would like to share some simple vegetarian breakfast recipe which inspires me to cook. For your information I’m 16 right now. I started to cook when I was 13.Impressive right(hehehehe). Okay now let’s start digging.
Firstly, I would like to share the
4 LAYER VEGAN SANDWHICH
For the Sun-dried Tomato Hemp Basil Pesto: (makes 1/2 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 6)
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the sandwich:
- sprouted-grain bread (or wraps or Bibb lettuce)
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 2 tablespoons Sun-dried Tomato Hemp Basil Pesto (from above)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1-2 thin tomato slices
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt & pepper
- For the pesto: Mince garlic in a food processor. Add the rest of the pesto ingredients and process until the pesto is smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Toast the bread in a toaster.
- Spread bread with hummus and pesto (one on each). Layer on the avocado, tomato, and lettuce. Sprinkle on red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Slice in half and enjoy!
Secondly,the lovely thing for kids and all the person who are choco lover(like me)
THE BEST CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SPREAD
- 1½ c hazelnuts, skinned
- 1-2 tbsp hazelnut or vegetable oil
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp high-quality cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp soy powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Toast hazelnuts in oven (or toaster oven) at 350° for ~20 minutes, tossing them frequently so as not to burn the nuts.
- While still hot, grind in a blender until nuts break down into nut butter, adding vanilla and a little oil during the blending process.
- Once a coarse nut butter has been formed, add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and soy powder, adding more oil as needed.
- Blend until spread reaches desired consistency.
The longer you blend, the smoother and thinner the spread will become. Grind for a shorter period of time or add more powdered sugar for a thicker spread.
THE EGGLESS PANCAKE
1 1⁄4 cups
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, oil and water. Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Lightly spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or lightly wipe with oil. Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle.
- Pancakes are ready to turn when tops are bubbly all over, a few bubbles have burst, and the edges begin to appear dry. Use a quick flip with a broad spatula to turn pancakes. Turn only once. Bake until bottoms are brown and dry.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
That’s all for today….I hope you all enjoy it.